There’s nothing quite like a Vornado fan. From the unique air circulation to the incredible build quality and HUGE warranty lengths, Vornado fans are like the Lamborghini’s of the fan world.
In this guide I’m giving you an overview of all things Vornado.
There’s over 40 different Vornado fans in this guide. I’ve covered every type, size, and version. (Yeah, it was a lot of work!). I hope this helps you find the perfect model for your space.
Best Vornado Fans
As a quick reference, these are the best types of fan from Vornado:
- Vornado Table Fans: Air Circulators that Vornado made their name on. Small but mighty, they are what made the company famous.
- Vornado Vintage Fans: One of the only ‘vintage’ styles that really work. Close to their top fan performance, in a tastefully retro design.
- Vornado Tower Fans: Tall and sleek, these tower fans also make air circulate using a similar technique to air circulators.
- Vornado Panel Fans: Simple panel fans that can overhang from a surface. Perfect for garages and workshops.
- Energy Saving Versions: Energy saving versions of Table & Tower fans are brand new, and offer unbelievable 10 year warranties.
Note: We are not sponsored by Vornado in any way. They’re just a great brand.
Best Vornado Fans in 2020
These are the top recommended Vornado fans for each category. Read on full selections with detailed descriptions later in this article.
|Vornado 560 Air Circulator||Standard||5 years||Amazon|
|Vornado 6303DC Air Circulator||Energy Saving||10 years||Amazon|
|Vornado 184 41" Tower Fan||Tower||5 years||Amazon|
|Vornado NGT42DC E.S. 42" Tower||Energy Saving Tower||10 years||Amazon|
|Vornado Vintage Circulator Fan||Vintage||5 years||Amazon|
Vornado Standard Fans / Air Circulators
These fans embody Vornado’s signature technology. They harness the air circulation spiral method – just place them on a raised surface or floor; angled towards a wall. You’ll be enjoying whole-room cooling in seconds.
The fans vary in size, power, and speed settings – which you can compare by using the tables below.
This first table is Vornado’s newest fan range. With options for small, medium, and large fan sizes.
|Vornado 460 (Small)||75ft||3||4.25lbs||11.25in||5 years|
|Vornado 560 (Medium)||75ft||4||6.2lbs||13.47in||5 years|
|Vornado 660 (Large)||100ft||4||7.32lbs||15in||5 years|
Next up are their slightly older fan models.
I say slightly, because there is no drop in quality. It’s more of an appearance update.
With more size options, including compact and standing models, these fans are how Vornado really made a name for themselves.
|133 Compact Floor Fan||25ft||2||4.25lbs||8.7in||5 years|
|530 Small Floor Fan||65ft||3||6.2lbs||10.8in||5 years|
|630 Medium Floor Fan||70ft||3||7.32lbs||13.6in||5 years|
|723 Large (tilting) Floor Fan||100ft||3||2.1lbs||16.6in||5 years|
|733 Large (fixed) Floor Fan||100ft||3||4.06lbs||15.25in||5 years|
|683 Medium Standing Fan||75ft||3||10.86lbs||32-38in||5 years|
|783 Large Standing Fan||100ft||3||15.25lbs||28-40in||5 years|
Energy Saving Models
The newest models on the markets are these Energy-Savers. These really are the ultimate in modern home fans.
Providing energy savings of up to 80%, while also upping the power, these models are an upgrade in every sense of the word.
They also have 99-speed settings, with a touch-sensitive remote which is very easy to use. Top this all off with Vornado’s MASSIVE 10 year warranty, and you’ve got a truly unbeatable product.
Seriously. We’ve found nothing that even comes close to these warranties.
|5303DC Small Floor Fan||80ft||99||3.98lbs||11.75in||10 years|
|6303DC Medium Floor Fan||85ft||99||5.38lbs||14.4in||10 years|
|6803DC Medium Pedestal Fan||85ft||99||7.55lbs||31-39in||10 years|
There’s also energy-saving versions of original air circulators.
These fans include the same energy-smart improvements we spoke about above. It’s important to stress that ‘older’ really doesn’t mean a drop in quality. They just have a bit less functionality, and a lower price tag.
Switching out the remote and electronic controls for a variable dial, they still boast the same energy saving potential and huge 10 year warranties.
|610DC Medium Floor Fan||70ft||Variable||4.66lbs||13.66in||10 years|
|723DC Floor Fan||100ft||Variable||9.02lbs||16.70in||10 years|
|783DC Large Stand Fan||100ft||99||12.64lbs||25-38in||10 years|
Compact Air Circulators
In 2019 Vornado released these super compact air circulators.
Yes, they do look like miniature plane engines!
They’re toned-down versions of the famous air circulators above. Although with around half the power, they’re also around half the weight… and half the price.
Ideal if you need a simple, basic fan to carry around with you. Great for working on the move, or helping ventilate the area of a workshop.
|EXPAND4 Small Travel Air Circulator||40ft||2||2.48lbs||9.5in||5 years|
|EXPAND6 Small Travel Air Circulator||50ft||3||3.64lbs||11.0in||5 years|
|6803DC PIVOT3 Compact Air Circulator||30ft||3||2.56lbs||8.15in||5 years|
Vornado’s tower fans act similar to their standard air circulators.
They don’t ‘spiral’ the air – instead focusing on providing a strong and wide current to encourage the airflow rebound to cool down the whole room.
With tall and slender designs, these sleek fans will fit perfectly in any modern space.
We recommend choosing a tower fan if you’ve got a good location with lots of available wall space for good air rebounding.
Check out the quick video below to see how these tower fans work.
|Duo Compact Tower Fan||50ft||4||3.74lbs||14.5in||5 years|
|143 29" Tower Fan||60ft||3||6.85lbs||29.0in||5 years|
|184 41" Tower Fan||100ft||4||9.7lbs||41.0in||5 years|
These next fans are newer models, with an incredible modern design.
Coming in at a larger size with more power and speed settings, these are great if you have a larger space. However, there is a price increase. The quality on both new and old is still outstanding. 5 year warranties come standard on both models, so focus on the fan that suits your space and room size.
These new models also have energy saving upgrade options, indicated by the ‘E.S.’ in the table below. These advanced models also offer up to 80% savings on running costs, with more power and incredibly accurate controls. Topped off with Vornado’s unbeatable 10-year warranties.
|NGT335 33" Tower Fan||85ft||5||8.9lbs||32.3in||5 years|
|NGT425 42" Tower Fan||100ft||5||10.2lbs||42.23in||5 years|
|NGT33DC E.S. 33" Tower Fan||90ft||99||8.28lbs||32.3in||10 years|
|NGT42DC E.S. 42" Tower Circulator||100ft||99||9.58lbs||42.23in||10 years|
Click on any of the product names to see their latest price on Amazon.com.
Personal Tower Circulators
These brand new personal tower fans are taking over desks all over the country.
They’re not made to cool a whole room down. They’re made to sit next to you at your desk, keep you cool, and look amazing.
3 speeds and super quiet operation. They won’t disturb you while you work. What might disturb you, though?
That’s all your friends coming up to ask ‘wow, what’s that! It looks so cool!’
|HELIX1 Personal Tower Circulator||15ft||3||1.86lbs||10.02in||5 years|
|HELIX2 Personal Tower Circulator||20ft||3||2.32lbs||11.67in||5 years|
While these panel fans are thin, they still hold all the capability of Vornado’s air circulation technology.
Easy to strategically locate around a room, these panel fans are great for discreetly providing air circulation throughout a whole room. They’re also great to stack a few together, if that suits your space.
They’re perfect for garages and workshops, or anywhere that needs cool airflow in a specific location.
These panels come in three sizes, listed in the table below.
|573 Small Panel||60ft||3||3.8lbs||10.3in||5 years|
|670 Medium Panel||70ft||3||5.56lbs||12.75in||5 years|
|270 Large Panel||80ft||3||6.82lbs||14.75in||5 years|
These vintage fans pay homage to the original Vornado fans, dating all the way back to 1945.
Available in green, white, chrome or ‘alchemy’ as pictured, these classic designs are fantastically authentic.
These fans doesn’t come with a sacrifice in power. With excellent build quality, including an all-metal exterior, they stay true to Vornado’s quality standards.
Incredible for products that look like they’re a century old.
You do sacrifice on ease of use in terms of electronic controls, but this is matched by the amazing looks of a fan which is guaranteed to be a great talking point.
The vintage fans are available in all sizes, from miniature to large standing-pedestal fans.
|Mini Classic / Mini Modern||2||2.96lbs||8.29in||5 years|
|Jr. Vintage Circulator||2||3.84lbs||11.42in||5 years|
|Vintage Circulator||3||7.85lbs||13.82in||5 years|
|Sr. Vintage Circulator||3||12.04lbs||17.38in||5 years|
|Sr. Vintage (w/ Pedestal)||3||21.00lbs||42-55in||5 years|
These Flippi’s, as they are so lovingly named, are Vornado’s take on compact/personal fans.
They’re too small to use the air circulation technique of the bigger fans. However, they stay true to Vornado’s high quality standards.
Small enough to sit happily next to you on a desk, they oscillate like traditional fans, or operate in a fixed position.
Several size options are available, ranging all the way up to the ‘V’ model – which comes with it’s own remote control and LED speed indicators.
|Flippi V6 Compact||20ft||2||1.62lbs||6.2in||3 years|
|Flippi V8 Compact||30ft||2||2.94lbs||8.63in||3 years|
|Flippi V10 Compact||40ft||3||4.02lbs||9.75in||5 years|
|Flippi V Compact||40ft||3||4.40lbs||10.4in||5 years|
Finally, Vornado have a few specialized fans in their repertoire. They are:
- Pivot – a small desk fan, with a much more contemporary design. A uniquely pivoting axis with several color options, it fitss in perfectly with any modern desk space.
- Zippi – the smallest fan made by Vornado. It (somehow) gives out a surprising amount of air flow, and it’s battery powered, so it’s effortless to take with you. It’s got super soft blades which won’t catch on your fingers, and folds down for simple packing.
- V103 – this fan is similar to a panel fan, but it can also fold away. You can store these models anywhere, and pop them out when you need them. Perfect for tight spaces, especially in a boat cabin or small garage/workshop. They also fully rotate!
- 293 Heavy Duty – don’t let the name scare you. This isn’t a jet plane engine. This model is roughly equivalent to the fans at the very top of our list, but it’s built to be used in the roughest of environments. Featuring a dust-protected ball-bearing motor which doesn’t need oiled, and an extra-long power cord, this fan is perfect if you’ll be doing heavy work in a garage or workshop.
|Pivot Personal Air Fan||-||3||1.7lbs||6in||3 years|
|Zippi Personal Mini Fan||-||1||1.7lbs||6.25in||3 years|
|V103 Under-Cabinet Fan||25ft||2||2.36lbs||10.2in||5 years|
|293 Heavy Duty Floor Fan||100ft||3||11.84lbs||17.5in||5 years|
You know those companies that started out great, but went downhill after selling out to the highest bidder?
Vornado are like that. Except they haven’t sold out.
Their unique fans work by spiralling the air, letting it ‘bounce’ off a wall or ceiling. This spreads the air around – giving a nice breeze throughout your living space.
With a Vornado fan, there’s no need to just get a small gust of air every few seconds. Instead, enjoy a constant cooling comfort.
Check out this 1 minute video to see how the air circulation works.
A bit of history:
The idea belongs to the late Ralph K. Odor and Ottis A. Sutton.
Originally aeronautics engineers, they first coined the fan type back in the 1940’s – while designing a new airplane. Later, with the help of a friend, they transferred that same idea to home-fans.
Yes – these fans are based on an airplane design!
The best part is, it isn’t just this unique type of fan that’s worth paying for.
From the very beginning, Vornado have always been huge on providing top market quality to their customers. MASSIVE warranties of up to 10 years, excellent customer support, and a product which (typically) uses less power.
Even if these were only normal fans, they’d still be one of the best on the market.
When looking at these ~40 fans, you might be thinking
“There’s so many, but they all look the same! Which one would be right to buy?”
That’s a good question. Many fans ore really similar. Especially when you look at the thousands of other fans available on the market.
To help, try considering the different aspects that make a good fan.
I’ve listed them below. Think about which aspects are the most important to you. Then have another look at the range of fans and see what matches your needs.
- Size. Unlike air conditioners, the position of fans matters a lot. The airflow needs hit the right area. For most fans thats at you, but for Vornado fans it’s a good angle at a wall. Generally your first decision is whether you want a small fan to sit on a desk, or a tall one to standalone.
- Type. Standard air circulators make the most advantage of Vornado’s rebound technology. But their other fans (tower, panel, and unique models) also provide quality airflow. Are you looking to cool a whole space? Choose an air circulator. Looking to directly cool yourself on the couch? Choose a tower fan. Have a special purpose like a workshop, or server room? Look at the unique fans at the end of the list.
- Features. Not all fans have the same features. Vornado’s range goes from Vintage fans with 3/4 old speed settings, up to Energy Saving fans that have timers, remote controls, digital displays, and 99 speed settings! Think about how much these would matter to you. Because they’ll affect the…
- Price. The newer the fan, the higher the price (generally). And while Energy Saving Fans save you money on your bills, they cost a bit more upfront.
- Warranty. Finally is Vornado’s trump card – their warranties. Energy Saving models come with a massive 10-year warranty, while other modern models have an unbeaten 5-year warranty. The longer the warranty, the more peace of mind you’ll have.
- Looks. Lastly, don’t forget looks! If one type of fan (hint: vintage) is calling out to your heart above the others, don’t be scared to go with your gut. They’re all great fans.
Since its inception, Vornado has remained at the forefront of indoor fan technology. Their success is based on a recipe of unique technology, stellar product quality, and outstanding customer service.
I hope that this guide has given a clear overview of their product catalog – a resource we hope is useful when deciding over quality products like these. If you’re going to be buying a fan with a 10-year warranty, it’s hard to be certain which one to choose!
If we’ve missed any points or you need any clarifications – please leave us a comment below. Thanks for reading.